Saturday, November 27, 2010

{Befores and Afters}... &... {Bang, Bang Shoot 'Em Up}

I've decided to give the {never used} living room a makeover.  We all hang out in the family room which has the TV, computer and XBOX and we sit in the living room on Christmas Eve.... that's it.  Oh, sometimes I hide in there to talk on the phone so my children can't hear me.  Now, I know if I added more of the stuff that plugs in {like a TV, computer or XBOX} to the living room my family would move right in.  So that's what I've decided to do.  I'm starting with a TV and games but the real dilemma is what to put them on.  I decided an old sideboard would be great since I can hide the gaming system and games inside but, truth be told, I'm not an antique kinda girl.  I'm far more modern - not minimalist modern - definitely not minimalist - but there's nothing shabby chic going on here.  Anyway, I found a store nearby that seems to LOVE their paint sprayer.  It's a consignment shop that also sells used furniture after they've given it a little facelift.  And while these pictures aren't exactly what I'm looking for - they gave me a lot of inspiration.  If I can find a piece with more sleek lines, I'll paint it black and we can all play BANG, BANG SHOOT 'EM UP in the living room.  And not just on Christmas Eve.
Sideboard BEFORE

Sideboard AFTER

Sideboard BEFORE

Sideboard AFTER

Another AFTER {no before shot}

Where's the store?  It's in Chelmsford, Massachusetts:  ConsignmentCorner.net

No comments:

Post a Comment