Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Cards from Shutterfly

It's the most wonderful time of the year... and I say that because I really, really love the holiday cards that come every day.  Most people don't know this, but I actually keep them from year to year.  Only the ones with pictures, of course - I'm not nuts.  But almost everyone I know sends cards with pictures and I treasure each one.  Sometimes it's the only glimpse I get of college friends and their children living on the opposite coast or family in distant lands.  My first stop will be Shutterfly

A dear friend takes a photograph of my children every year and I really don't know how she manages to capture them so well.  My favorite had to be about 5 years ago.  I have twin boys and a little girl and they were just "DONE" with the whole idea of having their picture taken.  They were uncooperative, cranky and a little bit impish.  She got them to dance, took a picture and.... Ta-Da... I had an adorable card with my children dancing and the caption read "Be Merry".  It was my favorite!

Every year I create a calendar on Shutterfly with pictures from the last year... Halloween, summer vacation, first day of school.... great memories. And almost every year I create a photo book. That's the favorite gift among the grandparents. I know they show it to everyone!  So now I need to choose a card for this year.  So many to choose from at Shutterfly, but here are the top contenders:



1 comment:

  1. Your friend truly has gift. To be able to take kids from "cranky" to angelic is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete