Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My next project: Paint my interior doors jet black!

This is a great way to make any place look instantly more chic.  Paint the doors black!!!  A black front door always looks sharp, but I'm talking about closets, bathrooms, bedrooms and the back of your front door.  I'm researching the paint (oil vs. latex, etc) and I'm going to post the before and after pictures when I'm done....  My front foyer has a main door with side light panels, two closet doors and the door to the lower level.  I can't wait to start!  But as far as I can tell, this works when you:
  1. Leave the trim around the doors white
  2. Use a quality high gloss paint
  3. The surrounding walls are pale
Stay tuned!

aubreyroad.blogspot

citified.blogspot

apartment therapy

houzz

erica george dines photography

delightbydesign.blogspot

brynalexandra.blogspot

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see! I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to do my exterior front door black....but with my white trim I think it would be too much repetition with the white perimeter kitchen cabinets and the black island. Or I'd have already painted the new fireplace mantel black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete